Updated: Aug 12, 2019
In case you did not get the memo January is Miami Cruise Month! What does that mean to you, it means BIG savings and special deals like no other. I'm taking up to 70% off certain cruise trips and much more. These deals also come from top cruise lines, no rinky dink stuff here. If you don't believe me let me give you a few name bombs. Companies like Oceania, Royal Caribbean, MSC, Carnival, Norwegian, Regent Seven Seas, and Celebrity cruises are all included. It’s the perfect time to book your next cruise and take advantage of all the deals and specials. Did you know Miami is called "The Cruise Capital of the World" among so many other great titles, there is a reason for it and before you leave this page you will have all the information you need to book the best cruise of your life! I will also include my top 3 favorite deals from each cruise line participating in cruise Miami month to help you narrow down your options. I will be the first to say there are a lot!
Before I begin let me just point out that being a resident from Miami a cruise to the Bahamas and some of the Caribbean are a very popular destination here so not to say there are not great deals for the location, but rather I would like to highlight unique locations that some sometimes feel are out of reach. In all fairness I will include the top number one save a lot trip to the Bahamas at the end for those of you that are interested or may have never been. The terms and conditions of each cruise line mentioned will also be listed for additional information.
January 2019 Featured Cruise Packages:
Norwegian Cruise Line – Choose up to six free offers with Norwegian’s Free At Sea. Deals include things like friends and family sail free, special dining, free airfare, and more. For a limited time also enjoy a $50 booking deposit and flexible payment plans to lock in your dates. I want to point out the "free guest" option because it will be a key feature in booking your best option. This free guest option allows guest 3 & 4 the opportunity accompany the trip FREE once guest 1 & 2 are paid in full. All will stay in one stateroom with option to upgrade at additional pricing. What does this mean? Take the total mentioned, multiply it it by 2 and divide it by 4. simple math and you will total out your per person pricing for each package.
Here are my top 3 favorite deals from the line.
1. 11 day Hawaii $1119 departs from Vancouver, Canada. This trip travels through 4 islands and stops at 5 different cities. For 4 person occupancy this trip will be as low as $559 per person.
2. 5 day Cuba $529 departs from Miami, Florida. This trip travels to Havana, Cuba and the Great Stirrup Cay, Bahamas. For 4 person occupancy this trip will be $265 per person.
3. 6 day Phuket , Langkawi & Penang $599 departs from Singapore. For 4 person occupancy $149.50 per person.
Royal Caribbean – For cruises departing on or after January 2019, you can save 60 percent off second guest, 50 percent reduced deposits, and or get up to $300 instant savings per stateroom, among other deals (offer excludes China departures).
Here are my top 3 favorite deals from the line.
1. 4 night sampler Sydney, Australia $429 per person with 60% off second guest. This trip travels to two cities and with the savings split in half total per person will be $253. Departs from Sydney.
2. 7 night Oman & United Emirates $478 per person with 60% off second guest. This trip travels to three cities and with the savings split in half total per person will be $382. Departs from Dubai.
3. 5 night Western Caribbean when departing from Miami $333, from Galveston, Texas $326 with 60% off second guest. This trip travels to two cities and with the savings split in half total per person will be $97.
Other cruises lines participation in Cruise Miami month are Carnival, Celebrity Aida Cruises, Azamada Club cruise, Costa, Disney, FRS Caribbean, MSC, P & O cruises, Princess, Regent Seven Sea, Seabourn 22, Oceania, Victory, Viking, Voyages, The World and TUI cruises.
If you don't see your dream destination don't be deterred there are so many more deals than one can handle. Remember these are editors picks which are trending and popular locations. pick your favorite cruise line and enter a city, you will be surprised. Deals fro places like Malaysia and Hong Kong are but a click away!
Miami Cruise Social Media
Miami's Facebook followers may also enter to win a Miami experience by interacting with Visit Miami on Facebook, entering to win by tagging the friend they would want to experience Miami with. Follow along with the #MiamiCruise hashtag throughout January to learn the winners, and view the best pre- and post-cruise experiences including hotels, attractions, dining and shopping.
Need a little more time to pay? I’m not one to encourage debt, but if you feel you can pay it off before the APR kicks in why not open a credit card with the cruise line and create a 6 month payment schedule to yourself. Most lines offer them and it could also come in handy on your trip.
*keep in mind that flights to departing destinations can be very flexible
3 night Bahamas stay $214 per person with 60% off second person. That's less than $100 each!
Cruise Miami Month brought to you by GMCVB Greater Miami Convention & Visitors Bureau
Norwegian terms and conditions
Royal Caribbean FAQ