Cajun Shrimp & Roasted Parmesan Asparagus
Updated: Aug 12, 2019
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 bunch thin fresh asparagus spears
1 1/2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
1 clove garlic, minced (optional)
1 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 pound shrimp
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 teaspoons paprika
1 clove garlic crushed (or 1 teaspoon garlic powder)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon ground dried thyme
1/4 teaspoon dried basil or oregano
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1. In a medium bowl, combine the shrimp, oil, and spices listed.
2. Heat a large heavy-duty non-stick pan to medium-high heat for 2 minutes.
3. Once the pan is hot, coat the pan with a light drizzle of oil (if using a non-stick pan) .
4. Add shrimp in and cook until charred and cooked through( Do not over-crowd the pan).
1. Preheat an oven to 425 degrees F
2. Place the asparagus into a mixing bowl, and drizzle with the olive oil.
3. Toss to coat the spears, then sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, garlic, salt, and pepper.
4. Place the asparagus onto a baking sheet create a single layer making sure none overlap.
5. Bake in the preheated oven until soft (12 to 15 minutes) .
6. Sprinkle with lemon juice just before serving.