Bread-less Tuna Cakes (Crab Cake Alternative)
Updated: Aug 12, 2019
Let's first point out that these tuna cakes are very diet friendly. Can be used while on the keto, or paleo, and they are gluten free. Absolutely NO carbs. Each cake has about 115 calories, 67 from fat.
2 5 oz cans tuna in water, (well drained)
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
2 teaspoons minced garlic
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
4 tablespoons avocado oil to fry
1. Preheat stove to the low setting (150-170 degrees F).
2. In a medium bowl, use a fork to mix together the tuna, mayonnaise, minced garlic, eggs, kosher salt, black pepper and parsley.
3. Heat the avocado oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
4, Measuring 1/4 cup of the mixture for each cake, fry the patties until golden brown, about 3 minutes per side.
5. Fry 4 patties at a time, keeping the cooked tuna cakes in a warm oven while you fry the second batch, if need.
1. In a bowl mix mayonnaise, ketchup, salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper to taste